Shooting Stars is a unique distribution company with its fingers on the pulse of the youth market in the Middle East. The company is credited with market-leading film distribution and representation of leading consumer products, home entertainment, accessories, music, lifestyle brands, toys and food.
Our expanding retail distribution arm, the company’s youngest division, has acquired major brands across the Middle East reaching out to over 700 retail points.
Shooting Stars, a pioneer in motion picture distribution, was established in 1987 in Lebanon and has expanded its presence in the region as the theatrical distributor of Warner Bros. Pictures. The company opened its headquarters in Dubai in 2004 to cater to the growing demand for theatrical movie distribution in the UAE and across the GCC.
Shooting Stars has since extended its activities to non-theatrical distribution for Warner Bros. and through Filmbank media started distributing Disney, MGM, Sony Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox movies as well as securing independent titles on an ‘All Rights Basis’ which include content that is exclusive to TV.
Shooting Stars network now includes:
- A fully integrated licensing agency offering fully packaged solutions to licensors, licensees and retailers.
- License agreements with Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Home Entertainment & Warner Bros. Home Entertainment to distribute their films & TV Series on DVD, Blu-Ray and Ultra HD Blu-Ray across the Middle East.
- Music – This is following its exclusive agreement with Sony Music to distribute its albums, compilations and recitals on Vinyl across the Middle East. Sony Music is among the most prominent international labels worldwide and is home to some of the best-selling artists of all time including: Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and John Legend, amongst others.
- Commercial partnerships with the world’s leading sports performance, lifestyle and accessories brands Adidas and Reebok. This has resulted in wide ranging sportswear and footwear supply partnerships amongst: education, military, health, wellness, sports academies, professional and amateur clubs and corporate sectors.
- A distribution arm that has secured dedicated space for its associated products in over 250 gas stations and within modern and convenient retail making movies, games, toys, lifestyle and other FMCG products available for people to purchase.
To maintain its market-leading status and to better serve customers from across the region, Shooting Stars has opened offices in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Qatar to support the operations of its UAE and Lebanon established offices. With growing interest and appetite for distribution, Shooting Stars is continuing to be forward-thinking and ahead of the field.